Sabbath: Helpful Resources
- Seventh Day Rest—Sabbath—this podcast mini-series from The Bible Project explores the theme of sabbath from Genesis to Revelation.
- “Sabbath and Scripture”—twelve sessions of guided lectio divina on passages related to Sabbath from Christ City Church in Washington, D.C. Available on iTunes, Stitcher, and Soundcloud.
- Day Off . . . or Sabbath? by Mary Hulst
- The Heidelberg Catechism: Keeping Sabbath by Making Sabbath by Chris Schoon
- Sabbath as the Path to Creatureliness: 3 Lessons from Wendell Berry from BuildFaith.org
- Sheep, Not Superheroes: How Sabbath Helps Us Right-Size by Sandy Swartzentruber
- What Do You Mean, I Should Take a Nap? by Mimi Larson
- Sabbath and Being De-Centered by Larry Doornbos
- This Day: Collected & New Sabbath Poems by Wendell Berry
- Wendell Berry reads his poem “Sabbaths – 1979, IV”
- The Bible Project’s five-minute video Sabbath is a great introduction to the biblical idea of sabbath rest.
- Catch Your Breath by Don Postema
- Keeping the Sabbath Wholly by Marva J. Dawn
- Sabbath as Resistance: Saying No to the Culture of Now by Walter Brueggemann
- Subversive Sabbath by A.J. Swoboda