Family Sabbath Practices
- Talk with your family about how to make your sabbath day special in ways you’ll all enjoy. Create traditions and habits that invite kids to look forward to sabbath with anticipation.
- Check out the helpful resource 5 Ways to Practice Sabbath with Kids.
- Read the article 7 Ways to Honor the Sabbath by RJ Thesman.
- Check out the ideas in The 30-minute Summer Sabbath.
- If team sports are an important part of your child’s life, wrestle with what that means for your sabbath practice. It’s not easy, but it’s an important conversation to have.
- Sabbath in the Suburbs is an easy and engaging read by MaryAnn McKibben Dana that chronicles one family’s attempt to practice Sabbath. Wherever you live, this book provides lots of good ideas for your own family sabbath practice. The author has also made a video for families.
- Read How the Practice of Gratitude Transformed My Family's Weekly Sabbath and Three Things I Learned from Weaving Gratitude into Sabbath Rest by Jill Benson. How might the practice of gratitude transform your family's sabbath patterns?