Whether you are a parent (or grandparent or other caregiver), or a pastor, or a children’s ministry leader, or someone else who cares deeply about welcoming children to the Lord’s table
in a way that nurtures faith, these resources and ideas are for you. If there is something that you don’t see here, or if there’s a resource or idea you’d like to share with us, please let us know at [email protected]
- En la mesa de Dios/At God's Table is a bilingual picture book that helps families understand the meaning of the Lord's Supper. The Supper unfolds as a multi-faceted event that nourishes our faith and stirs our imagination to see the gifts of grace and signs of God's ongoing work in our lives and God's world.
- Dear Parents: Thank You for Bringing Your Little Ones to Worship – A letter of encouragement for families about the importance of fully including children in worship and the rich blessings that result.
- How Does My Family Talk About the Lord's Supper? – Created by Harderwyk Ministries in Holland, Michigan, this brochure provides helpful ideas for having a conversation with your child about communion along with child-friendly descriptions of the meaning of the Lord’s Supper.
- Take It, Break It, Share It, Love It – Making Communion Meaningful for your Children. A blog post from Bread Not Stones, written by Pastor Rebecca Kirkpatrick.
- Talking to Your Children About Communion – A list of helpful ideas for families, from Willoughby CRC.
- Wondering About the Sacraments with Children – A list of suggestions for how to wonder with your child about the sacraments.
- Look Around (color | greyscale) – A bookmark for you to print, cut, and place in your family Bible and/or your child’s Bible as a simple way to prepare to celebrate the Lord’s Supper.
- The Spiritual Characteristics of Children and Children and Communion provide families with an understanding of how their children might experience the Lord’s Supper at each age level.
- Home Grown: Handbook for Christian Parenting – A practical parenting resource that will encourage and help parents/guardians nurture children’s faith and help to prepare them to participate in the sacrament of communion.
- You're Invited – A one-week devotional to help parents or caretakers explain what the Lord's Supper is all about, get children ready to participate, and encourage the whole family to respond in gratitude for this very special gift from God.