Specialized Canadian Ministries
- Indigenous Ministries - The Indigenous Ministry is made up of a national committee (Canadian Indigenous Ministry Committee), three Urban Indigenous Ministries, and a Justice and Reconciliation Mobilizer, each using their strengths to support healing and reconciliation between Indigenous peoples and non-Indigenous people in Canada. It is rooted in a recognition of our Creator’s love for all creation and in the understanding that we all have gifts to offer one another. Read more.
- Centre for Public Dialogue - We are Reformed Christians who believe that every person is created in the image of Creator God. From this foundation, we work to promote the flourishing of all people through constructive dialogue and advocacy in Canada. We believe that God calls all Canadians to be engaged citizens and to stand with vulnerable and marginalized people in our communities as allies. As Christian citizens, we work toward a just world in which structures and institutions give every person the opportunity to thrive. It's our goal to present a positive voice of faith in Canadian public life, and to live out justice, hope, and reconciliation in advocacy and citizenship. Read more.
- Christian and Reformed Higher Education - The Christian Reformed Church has a long history of integrating faith into all parts of life. Consequently, we have established places of learning with a Reformed world and life view. From elementary schools through colleges and universities you can find quality Christian and comprehensive education closely paired with the CRCNA. In Canada, our ministry is extended to our official denominational college and seminary (Calvin) located in Grand Rapids, Michigan as well as two unique places for Christian colleges: King's College in Edmonton, Alberta and Redeemer University College in Ancaster, Ontario. Read more.
- Diaconal Ministries Canada - Diaconal Ministries Canada partners with churches and ministries across Canada to demonstrate God’s love in the community. Read more.
- Ecumenical Ministry in Canada - In Canada, the Christian Reformed Church in North America is a member of the following ecumenical organizations: the Canadian Council of Churches (CCC), the Evangelical Fellowship of Canada (EFC), KAIROS: Canadian Ecumenical Justice Initiatives, the Reformed Church in America (RCA), and The Presbyterian Church in Canada (PCC). Read more.
- Salaam 2.0 Ministry to Muslims - Salaam 2.0 equips members of the CRCNA in Canada to confidently engage their Muslim neighbours. Read more.
Bi-national Christian Reformed Ministries
In addition to these Canadian-specific ministries, the Christian Reformed Church in North America is involved in a variety of ministries as a binational church. In each of these ministries, work is adapted to the unique context of ministry in, with, and by Canadians.
These denominational ministries and initiatives reflect our five-fold calling. Although many fit into more than one calling, they can generally be grouped as follows:
As a community of believers, we seek to introduce people to Jesus Christ
and to nurture their faith through all ages and stages of life.
Called to be witnesses of Christ’s Kingdom to the ends of the earth,
we start and strengthen local churches in North America and around the world.
Gospel Proclamation and Worship
Believing that faith comes through the hearing of God’s Word,
we proclaim the saving message of Jesus Christ and seek to worship him in all that we do.
Mercy and Justice
Hearing the cries of the oppressed, forsaken and disadvantaged,
we seek to act justly and love mercy as we walk humbly with our God.
Understanding that the lifelong equipping of leaders is essential for churches and ministries to flourish, we identify, recruit and train leaders to be servants in the Kingdom of God.