October Council of Delegates Highlights
The council of delegates, which acts on behalf of the Christian Reformed Church in North America when synod is not in session, met Oct. 13-15 by video conference.
During this time, representatives from every classis in the denomination made several key decisions related to Synod 2022, finances, search committees for key leadership roles, and establishing a culture of civility. They also participated in a diversity engagement session led by members of the CRC Office of Race Relations and learned about a year-of-prayer initiative leading up to Synod 2022.
A few key highlights:
- New director appointed to Disability Concerns
- Canadian advisory committee on antiracism
- Plans for Synod 2022 (reporting from The Banner)
- Vaccination and mask policy (reporting from The Banner)
- Tackling the budget shortfall (reporting from The Banner)
- A fund for abuse survivors (reporting from The Banner)
- Deciding on a convening church for Synod 2023 (reporting from The Banner)
In addition, search committees and processes were approved regarding a few key leadership roles. These include the search for a general secretary, a chief administrative officer, and a Canadian executive director. More information about these search teams and processes will be shared in CRC News next week.