Cultivate practices of prayer and spiritual discipline, transforming our lives and communities by the power of the Holy Spirit.
God calls the church to live a life grounded in scripture, shaped by spiritual disciplines, and centered around intentional discernment. (Wondering what a spiritual discipline is? Check out this article)
A variety of helpful resources can be found at crcna.org/resources to help us work towards this milestone.
Here is a portion of what is available:
- Faith Practices Project
- 6 part podcast & Bible study series (Companion ebook) from Groundwork
- The Today daily devotional (daily scripture reading, reflection, prayer; available in English, Chinese, and Korean)
- Cada Dia Devotional (Spanish, Portuguese)
- Perspectives Reformées Devotional (French)
- RCJ Devotional (Japanese)
- 8. YKB Devotional (Indonesian)
- Kids Corner
- Family Fire resources: Spiritual Disciplines for Family Life; Spiritual Disciplines: Family Fasting; Nurturing Faith From Infancy
- Advocacy as a spiritual discipline: Social Justice and Centre for Public Dialogue
- Discover Your Bible series
- Reformed Worship
Have additional questions? Don’t hesitate to reach out. The Christian Reformed Church has staff and ministries who are eager to help you and your congregation on this journey. If you aren't sure where to start, Chris Schoon would be happy to talk with you and provide some suggestions for initial steps.
Have a story to share about how your congregation is learning about or living out this milestone? Let us know.