As a pastor, I’m looking for resources, liturgical and educational, that will help our congregation consider this new direction for our children.
- Read Affirming Baptism and Forming Faith and recommend it to your congregation. This helpful document is aimed at deepening our understanding of baptism, the Lord’s Supper, and Profession of Faith.
- Check out the study guide to Affirming Baptism and Forming Faith: A Study Guide for Small Groups. Invite interested members to form study groups to dig into the document and discuss its implications for your church.
- Read Children at the Lord's Table: Toward a Guiding Principle for Biblically Faithful Celebrations of the Lord's Supper.
- Use the study guide A Practice of Christian Unity to talk together about the significance of the sacrament of communion and how it relates to including children.
- Check out the Sermon/Worship Series suggestions.
- Spend some council time discussing Faith Formation: A Model for Healthy Congregational Culture and using the accompanying checklist (Faith Formation: A Checklist for Congregations) to assess the culture of your congregation and its faith formation practices.