Various events were planned for the 500th Anniversary of the Reformation.
Reformation Summer 2017, Wittenberg, Germany
- Calvin College Art Gallery Exhibition, Sept. 5-Oct. 14: "Stirring the World: Printmaking in the Age of Martin Luther." Includes portraits and theological writings of Luther and his contemporaries, sixty engravings and woodcuts, as well as numerous prints depicting biblical and mythological narrative scenes.
- Calvin Alumni/Calvin Academy for Lifelong Learning trip to Reformation Europe. Sept. 12-22. Leaders: Karin Maag and Paul Fields
- Panel/Short Series of Speakers hosted by Calvin Theological Seminary, Oct. 5, 7-9 pm. Topic: “What can Protestants and Catholics learn from one another?”
- Calvin Academy for Lifelong Learning five-week course, Oct/Nov. 2017. Topic: Come Explore the Reformation. Instructor: Karin Maag
- Reformation Day Teach-in, October 31, organized by the Meeter Center
Colloquium on Church Music and the Reformation, September 28-29, 2017, hosted by The Center for Christian Music Studies at Baylor University. Paper proposals due by April 3, 2017. More information here, or contact David Music at David_Music@baylor.edu.
Reformation Education Series, River Terrace CRC, East Lansing, MI; 10:10 - 11:00 am:
- 9-24 -17 - History of Calvinism, D.G. Hart, Hillsdale College
- 10-1-17 - Reformation Figures: Martin Luther, Carrie Euler, Central Michigan University
- 10-8 -17 - Reformation Figures: John Calvin, Lyle Bierma, Calvin College
- 10-15-17 - The Radical Reformation, John Kaufmann, Ken Bieber, River Terrance CRC
- 10-22-17 - Reformation Worship, Karen Maag, Calvin College
- 10-29-17 - History of the CRC, Richard Harms, Archivist Emeritus of the CRC
Sing to the Lord a New Song, Ecumenical Worship Service. A service of scripture, prayer, and song commemorating the 500th anniversary of the Reformation with both Roman Catholic and Protestant participation. 3:00 and 6:00 pm, Sunday, October 29, 2017, LaGrave Avenue Christian Reformed Church, Grand Rapids, MI.