One aim of the Financial Shalom project is to strengthen the long-term financial literacy and management skills of pastors and congregations, by offering the following:
- Church Stewardship Training: church stewardship programs are offered by Barnabas Foundation (USA) and Christian Stewardship Services (Canada) at no cost to the church.
- Personal Financial Management Program: Pastors are encouraged to participate in approved Personal Financial Management Training Programs.
- Scholarships up to $200 are available for pastors and spouses to participate in these programs.
- Personal Financial Education Scholarship Application
- Bivocational Ministry Training Program: Pastors considering bivocational ministry may apply for scholarships to help with costs of training and assessments. (Available soon).
- Check out the video recordings from Financial Shalom’s gathering - What Role Will Bivocatoinal Ministry Play in the Future of the CRCNA?
- Grants of up to $500 to offset some of the costs of individual consultation with a financial professional.
- The Financial Shalom Project has partnered with the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability (ECFA) to provide our pastors and churches with a FREE subscription to Church Excel – a valuable resource hub featuring useful information on a wide variety of financial topics. ECFA is based in the United States and therefore their Church Excel tax resources are mostly focused on U.S. situations.
- Check out the wide array of Network resources for pastors and churches.