Faith in Action: Practicing Biblical Advocacy
Advocacy matters! When you speak out, you reflect the biblical call to work towards a just world in which structures and institutions give all of creation the opportunity to thrive.
"Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.” (Isaiah 1:17)
Contacting elected officials may be daunting, but sharing your well-informed opinion can make a real difference on the justice issues that you care about, and can bring about long-term changes to unjust systems.
This workshop will help you learn how to navigate the political system to have your voice heard by local, provincial, and national leaders.
You’ll learn these advocacy tools in this 4-part workshop:
- Research methods
- Key messaging
- Letter writing
- Planning and role-playing your talking points
- Setting up in-person meetings
U.S. version available upon request.
Other advocacy tools for your church:
- Live Justly: an in-depth scriptural and practical study to help you live justly in 6 key areas of life.
- Action alerts: Start taking action today! Sign up to receive occasional action alerts in your inbox
- Biblical Advocacy 101: Start with the basics—what does advocacy have to do with my faith?